Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A Change of Pace


There are rabbits everywhere right now.  They hang out around the house, in the (empty) dog runs, bounce around the (not always empty) paddocks.  I took some photos of this guy from my studio window - he (she?) was parked in the driveway.  I have wanted to paint some rabbits since I did the workshop with Val Hinz in 2009, inspired by her beautiful bunny paintings.  This one isn't nearly as lovely as hers, but I had fun doing it.  It is 10 x 8 oil on panel, and  I'm calling it "Judgement," in honour of one of my favourite blogs, Disapproving Rabbits.  It's a really fun site, and in my opinion, worth the visit!

I was determined to finish both the bunny and another small painting today, a 6 x 8 oil on Raphael linen panel of Twine when Sheldon was a baby.  I always loved the reference photo, despite (or maybe because of) its simplicity.  I think I might call this one "Careful, Now!" It's kind of a tribute to the longsuffering mares who endure so much while raising their foals.


In an attempt to jumpstart things around here artistically, I'm going to list both these paintings in my Etsy store.  I will have them there at a special price for a limited time - if they don't sell, I'll get the framed and save them for the Studio Tour!  September is going to be here far too quickly!

My website is also newly redesigned - there is a little bit of tweaking to be done, but it's more or less finished.  Have a look and let me know your thoughts.  I am trying to keep it streamlined, in hopes I can keep it updated more efficiently. 

Thanks for checking in!  Hopefully I'll be stirring up more dust in the studio soon!

2 comments:

Judy Wood said...

I think there may be a whole new career track opening up for you as a bunny painter. This is lovely!!

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Judy. I'll need to find more models....all the ones around here are very similar, they might run out of poses! ;-)