Friday, November 28, 2008

Me and a Box of Kleenex


Last night when I went to bed, I fully expected to wake up this morning feeling *better*. I thought the cold was on its way out. Apparently not - I felt worse. I coped by having ice cream for breakfast - seriously, if someone is going to buy candy cane ice cream and put it in the downstairs freezer (which is right outside my studio) it's fair game! Stalls got done a bit late, but they did get done. We had a mini-snowstorm mid-afternoon but it quickly passed over leaving little behind in the way of accumulation.

As a result of a stuffed head and bursts of sneezing, I wasn't quite at my best at the easel! Of course for some reason I decided to do something fairly complex, which is probably a good indication I'm not thinking all that clearly. This is, more or less, my New Jersey friend's equivalent of my own Miss Monster - the homebred daughter of her "foundation" mare and, and now, the daughter's first foal. Let's not let Monster see this, because then I would have to explain to her that I'm *not* letting her have a baby!

This is 7 x 5 oil on Raymar again, limited palette. I guess I will find out if Sher is watching or not! I'd like to take a vote, please - since I technically did *two* horses today, does that mean I get tomorrow off? :-D Pleaaaasssse? Or does it not count because it's only half as good?

Anyway...see you tomorrow, one way or another!

2 comments:

April Jarocka said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Linda. That flavour of ice-cream sounds interesting. Now your deadline is almost met you can have a break and finish off the tub! You deserve it!!
All the best
April

Linda Shantz said...

Haha - thanks April! Actually my next project will be "a workout a day for 30 days I think!