Thursday, October 09, 2008

Studio Tour Wrap-Up

"Just A Look"

The weather cooperated with a perfect fall weekend for the Studio Tour. I know I had a great turnout - thanks to everyone who attended! For fun, I held a little draw for those that attended. I asked everyone who came to vote for their favourite painting, and at the end of the weekend I drew a name. That person won a print of their favourite painting! It was fun for me to see which painting received the most votes. That winner was one that has always been popular, "Just A Look." "Nobility Without Conceit" was a close second.

"Nobility Without Conceit"

This week, I had to take advantage of the beautiful weather. A friend and I went out, parked the truck by the side of the road and set up our easels in the back. I'm not sure either of us are prepared to show our work, but we had fun just the same! If the weather cooperates and sticks around, we hope to get out again one day soon!

3 comments:

April Jarocka said...

Linda I can't believe no one left a comment for this painting because it's just beautiful. I love the colour of the background and how beautifully it compliments the two horses. Wish I could be in the saddle again but it's been years, so I'll comfort myself with your beautiful art.
Regards

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks April - to be fair, it's a painting I've posted on my blog before! It's of my two mares so it has a fair bit of sentiment attached to it!

April Jarocka said...

And absolutely beautiful they are. As are all your horses. All the best!