Thursday, October 09, 2008

CAG "Helping Paws" Online Show ~ Vote for the Cause!


I'm happy to to be taking part in another Canine Art Guild online show. This one is titled, "Helping Paws" and it's a very special exhibit. Each participating artist was asked to choose a rescue or shelter with which to partner, and donate a portion of sales to their chosen group. My choice was a no-brainer for me - it's no secret Border Collies are close to my heart, and I have worked with Border Collie Rescue Ontario on different occasions. My own little rescue, Swish, is a product of that relationship. I have three pieces in the show: Fascination, Bordering On Insanity, and Wondering. What I am offering is fine art giclée reproductions, and I'm donating 50% to BCRO. Here's a chance to purchase a reproduction and support a great cause. Visit BCRO's blog to read about some of the dogs in the program.


I hope you'll take the time to stop by the show, and vote for your favourite painting. There's an added incentive - the prize money normally awarded to the artist for the People's Choice Award will go to the rescue he or she has designated as his or her partner. With some pretty serious political elections on the horizon in both Canada and the U.S. right now, here is a fun opportunity to vote, for a very worthwhile cause!

No comments: