Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Final Glimpse of Summer


With the trees rapidly changing colour now in this part of the world, it's time to admit that autumn is upon us! Right now we couldn't ask for more perfect weather - nice warm days, cool evenings (though I haven't exactly dragged out the winter coat yet, which is something for me!) and again, those trees. This time of year also means the Milton Studio Tour is coming up - next weekend, in fact, October 4 & 5. The brochure and map is online at the FASM website, and thought time is running out, I can always mail you one if you contact me!

I've been busy working on some paintings, doing some printing and getting things framed for the tour. The last landscape I did in my weekly challenge (not that I'm admitting defeat yet!) I pulled out earlier this week because it was asking for a few horses grazing. That's the painting I'm posting today. It's 8 x 10 oil on canvas, and I'm calling it, simply, "Summer Pasture."

I hope you can come out for the studio tour! The horses always find it interesting to see a steady stream of cars coming up the laneway!

2 comments:

Karen Thumm said...

Good job, Linda!! I really like this landscape and the way you've handled the whole thing. Put this one in the Win column!

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Karen! I liked it well enough to get it framed for the Studio Tour. I used Kevin Macpherson's palette, and it worked quite well.