Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ambition, or Insanity?


The pretty part of fall is coming to an end now, as what leaves are left on the trees have lost most of their colour, and we've started into rain - sometimes flurries - and mud. The horses are all getting fuzzy and feeling fresh in the mornings. The last "horse swap" of the season happened on Friday - Maria left to start her career path at the training centre, and Mute arrived for a well-deserved rest.

I'm working hard on that-painting-we're-not-really-talking-about and it's actually getting close to completion. I'm trying to make myself finish it before moving onto the other pieces I have in progress, but at the same time, I've got a few projects I'm considering. The problem is, they might all have to happen at once!

A few of you may know I'm a bit of a closet novelist. I've only recently become aware of an event, I guess you'd call it, called NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 50,000 words (about 175 pages) in the month of November. The last few weeks, I've been thinking about signing on for this, to see if I can pull it off. The idea is to just write for fun, and not stress over making it "perfect." Might be worth a go. Of course I'll still be writing in the closet, so don't expect me to share any of it here!


Next up for consideration is another idea I gleaned from an EAG friend, Sue Steiner - painting a horse a day, for 30 days. Check out Sue's blog to see what she's been working on so far. I was thinking this might be a good winter project, say, for January when those blahs are going strong! But that leads me to the third thing...

Little did I know, but there is a NaBloPoMo! That's National Blog Posting Month! And, well, it's also for the month of November - a post a day, for thirty days. Now this one would be the most effortless of the three. I could easily post something to the blog every day - whether or not anyone wants to read it, is another story! The natural thing to do, in my mind, would be to combine the Horse a Day with the Blog a Day. But would I be completely crazy to try all three? I've got a few days left to decide! Guess you'd better stay tuned!

2 comments:

April Jarocka said...

Nothing ventured nothing gained eh? just make sure you have a torch in that closet when you're writing!lol
All the best with your projects
April
ps. Love your other blog!

Linda Shantz said...

Haha - thanks April! Though the laptop does give off decent light! Might be kind of hard on the eyes, though!