Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gracie Knows!


Yes, I am stealing titles from Ben Folds again. There's just something about our Miss Gracie - it is like she just knows. She's a little tired of the compromised paddock situation at the moment, however - just a few more days, Gracie, and you and Billy can get at the grass!

I know I seem to have done a few winter scenes this summer - it's purely coincidental, not because of this summer we've been having in Southern Ontario! To be fair, it hasn't really been that cool (until the past few nights!) but we've sure had an awful lot of rain!

This painting is 10 x 8 oil on Raphael linen panel, done with a very simple limited palette of Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White. My goal with this one was to keep it loose and simple, so I hope I achieved that. I'll catch up with a couple more recently completed pieces soon, including last week's landscape challenge entry. Figures, just when I get caught up, another week shows up! Ah well....

No comments: