Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Pleasant Surprises

Best Behaviour 8 x 10 oil on Raphael Linen

The current Canine Art Guild show is titled, "Canine Pot Luck" and the work is fabulous, really great stuff. I can't remember if I posted a link to it here, so I have to apologize for that! Be sure to take a look. Viewers were able to place votes for their favourite work, though my lateness in mentioning this that means that voting has now closed! Okay, so marketing has never been my strong point!

Yesterday I received an email from our inspiring CAG helmsperson, Kim Santini, that my entry, Best Behaviour (remember him?), received an Honourable Mention for People's Choice! With the quality of work in the show, I really was surprised. It's certainly an honour in such esteemed company. Deserved congratulations go to winner Diane Solomon for her piece "Big Brother Watches over Me" and to the other Honourable Mention, Julie Bender. Julie does pyrography - definitely worth a checking out!


Meanwhile, back on the easel...my little 5 x 7 oil on Raphel linen is now complete, varnished and ready to go to the framer. Kat Moore, who owns this gorgeous Shire (named Shine) had generously shared more photos of the big guy and his son, Duelly, so you might be seeing more of these boys. I know I posted an image of this, but as I've scanned it now, I thought it deserved a more accurate picture.

And lest you think I copped out on my weekly landscape committment, I will post this week's effort, even though it's not finished. This is 5 x 7 oil on canvas, tentatively called, "Keenland Quiet." I expect I'll have to pop a horse in there somewhere, though as someone who has worked on the backstretch, it does say something that there are no horses visible. I'll have to think about that one. Any comments?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful.