Sunday, July 20, 2008

Everything Stops for Hay

Three of these, full, folks!

Finally! The first cut hay is in. Wednesday was an all-day hay project, and naturally, one of the hottest days of the year. I'm trying not to whine about the nearly 600 bales we packed in, when I think I'm just one of the clients my suppliers deal with. Now I just have to wait for straw! After threatening rain for the last few days, storms apparently hitting everywhere but our little nook on the Niagara Escarpment, we've had a steady downpour that started in the middle of the night.

This week's landscape "entry" 8 x 10 oil on canvas

I am playing the hay card as my excuse for not getting much painting done this last week. I did some work here and there and will post the evidence when I have a bit more time to blog. My weekly landscape project didn't get started until Friday night, and occupied me again yesterday afternoon. Not ready to call it done yet, but I managed to put some horses in this one!

Today, I'm hoping to make a now-rare trip to the races. If you've been following long enough to remember the Thunder Gulch colt I broke a couple of years ago...well, today he's making his first start at Woodbine. Now three, and a gelding, while his barn name is Medz, he'll always be affectionately known to me as "Rupert" despite his owner's disapproval! Go Rupert Go!

Rupert, aka Medz, aka Medidocihospisurg, as a yearling

No comments: