Friday, July 25, 2008

Curlin, 6 x 8 Oil on Raymar Linen Panel


This week's been a blur - I couldn't tell you where the time has gone. I've got a couple of recently finished paintings to show off, and this is just one of them. This is the little oil I started the day Curlin won the Dubai World Cup. The big horse hit a bit of a snag in his first turf race a little while ago, but I think after the way he's been romping in his last few starts, we just kept expecting him to keep on rolling – dirt, turf, whatever – kind of like another Big Red Machine a few decades ago. Like pretty much everything you see around here, this little painting is for sale, so don't be afraid to email me if you're interested. I'll be getting it framed next time I visit the framer!

This weekend I've got a whirlwind roadtrip planned. I'm meeting my friend, photographer Juliet Harrison, in none other than Saratoga. Rest assured we'll both have a few hundred photos to sort through after our visit to the Spa! Stay tuned!

I'll have some news on upcoming shows next week, as well as an announcement about a new project I've been working on. Could be kind of busy around here!

No comments: