Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eccentric, Continued


There's nothing purple about this painting. Green has to be one of the most difficult colours to capture, and this time of year it's everywhere. There's no escape! I decided to work with Thalo Green in this painting - it's a very strong green, so requires a bit of handling to behave. This image might be a bit to vibrant, compared to the original. It just depends on your monitor.

I was finally ready to spend some time putting some more time into the horse, just working in a fairly small tonal range at this point. This painting is 11 x 14 oil (of course) on canvas, and I'd put a couple of extra layers of gesso over the canvas before toning it. As a result my layers have been drying quickly, allowing me to progress fairly quickly.

The purple panel is watching, and hasn't really expressed any feelings of being left out, so we're on the same page. Okay, so are you questioning my sanity now? We will have to face each other sometime soon. Just...not...today!

No comments: