Friday, April 18, 2008

Even Models Can't Always Be "On"!


I took one of my paintings in progress outside this afternoon to get a decent photo. This week I've been working on my larger painting of The Muse herself, Monster. It's been a few weeks since I worked on her, but I did post some of those earlier shots here. This one is a 24 x 20 oil on canvas. There's still a fair bit of work to be done, but it's coming together. I'm toying with different ideas for the title on this one. Something along the lines of "Emerging" but that's not quite it.


Meanwhile, behind me, Miss Monster was napping in the paddock. I had to take a photo of her because it was such a contrast to the image of her in this painting! Monster is known so well for her antics and photogenicity (is that a word? Just pretend that it is!), I thought it might be fun to show her with muddy halter, half-shed out, lower lip protruding, asleep on her feet!

No comments: