Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What Really Goes On In the Middle of the Night...


Not too much, really. Pretty quiet around here. The girls are bickering in the barn right now, that's about it. I thought tonight might be it for Twine, but she seems to think otherwise!

The painting above is another of our EAG pARTies. The photos this time around were provided by photographer extrordinaire, Juliet Harrison. You have to check out her website. In this age of digital, Juliet is producing hand-printed traditional black and white photography. This little 5 x 7 painting I've done is in casein on watercolour paper - talk about a departure, for me! I finished at around 4:30AM, that's all I know. A big change from oil, but fun just the same. Yes, that's right, this is about all I do for fun these days!


Here's the portrait I was talking about last time. This is 12 x 9 pencil on Bristol Smooth. It's the first time I've worked on this paper, and I'm liking it. Still a ways to go, but I have the drawing sorted out for the most part. Just lots and lots of shading! The subject is a Quarter Horse gelding, Seeker's Magic Pine, aka Snoopy. Snoopy is a two-time World qualifier in hunters.

All right. Time go go check in on the girls!

No comments: