Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Middle of the Night Colour Sketch


After that first casein study, the night before last, I decided to put forth a little challenge to myself. Many artists these days are doing a painting a day. That's a little beyond reality for me at this point in time, but I thought, while I'm doing the foal watch thing, I could do a painting a day, for a week -- or until I get these babies on the ground, whichever comes first!

This, then, is my second installment, from another photo by Montana artist Donna Ridgeway. Donna and I seem to spend a lot of time on the same wavelength, and many of her photos appeal to me! They're the kind of photos I like to take myself. This little painting is 5 x 7, casein on cold press watercolour paper. It's just a quick colour study, nothing too serious! Probably took me a bit more than an hour.

Twine and Clever are still holding on. I don't think Twine will be able to much longer! Before midnight tonight would be nice, mare!

No comments: