Saturday, January 05, 2008

Loose Ends


Well, this painting merits more than being called a loose end, but as one that was supposed to be completed in 2007, it's next on the list (or the easel!) for 2008. I was relieved when things progressed smoothly this afternoon as I did finally get back in front of it with brushes and paint at hand. Sometimes it can take a little while to get back into a painting, because I'm afraid of messing up the work I've already done, but fortunately that didn't happen with this one.

I'm not really anywhere close to being done yet, but I'm happy with what I took care of today, and I know where I'm going with it. Hopefully that means I'll soon be signing it!


I haven't spent a lot of time with the nice new lens I bought myself before the holidays -- we've had a lot of grey days. The other morning was crisp and clear and the light was just incredible as the sun got above the treeline. Clever was watching me as I was letting dogs out, so I had to run for the camera. Another month or so and I should be back to taking baby pics!

No comments: