Sunday, January 06, 2008

Fast and Fun


I've fallen behind taking part in our Equine Art Guild "pARTys", with all that's been going on. I caught up a little today, doing two. This first one, I printed out the photo weeks ago - I like it as soon as I saw it. The photographer, Donna Ridgeway (also and artist, of course) is from Montana, and I drool over her photos all the time, so it was a treat to work from one. This painting is 10 x 12 oil on canvas, and I worked for two hours. It's certainly not done, but It least you can tell they're horses!

The next one is only 6 x 8, oil on canvas panel. I figured working small I had a shot. I actually find it harder to work small like this. It was still a lot of fun. I only spent half an hour on this one. Again, not done, as I won't be able to help tweaking it a bit, but starting with a blank canvas and getting to this in the time frame was kind of cool!


It was a foggy day today, kind of warm (had it not been so damp) so spending most of the day indoors painting seemed the thing to do. It's nice to get a break from the serious paintings for a bit, and hopefully get back to them with fresh perspective!

No comments: