Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Getting Ready for the Tour!



Well, Studio Tour preparations continue! After our show in Campbellville this past weekend, where we had a record turnout (;-) at least some of the work is done, but I've still got some paintings I'm hoping to finish. For some reason I couldn't help starting a new one in the midst of it all, even though it won't be done for the Studio Tour!

The trees are turning, but it is seriously warm out! Apparently it's somewhere around 31 C today. I guess we need to enjoy it while it's here. We'll be complaining about the cold soon enough!

I guess there are two paintings I've started in the last few days - this one I began last week and made good progress at the show on the weekend. I took the photo for this a few years ago, one morning at the track, and knew one day I'd have to paint it. Then my photographer friend found it and played with it in Photoshop and came up with a really cool image. Only problem was, I thought the image was so cool that I didn't know if I needed to paint it anymore! The image he made from it was black and white, so right now the painting looks very much like that, as I'm working on the underpainting. It feels just a little odd, like I'm copying my own "famous" photograph!

Still working on my little paddock scene, but very nearly done. I'm not sure if I'll get it done tonight, but it *will* be done for the weekend! I've already had a frame made up for it!

No comments: