Friday, October 21, 2005

A Perfect Day


Well, I know I'm strange, but today was pretty exciting. A friend came over with his tractor and moved my manure pile! Okay, I'm sure that's more than enough to say about that. The weather was perfect though, an amazing fall day, the sun shining, just great horse weather! While the tractor work was going on, I was moving screenings into the run-in with my dad so we could put down rubber matting in there. More excitement, I know. I won't be able to walk tomorrow (more work than the old ankle can really handle) but it's sure nice to have a few more things taken care of out at the barn.

So that's my excuse for not doing any artwork today! I will, however, post a couple of photos of some oil pastel pieces I'm working on! These are both horses I photographed at the Can-Am Equine Emporium this past spring. The Andalusian was doing a breed demo, and I got some neat shots of him lounging in the pen that was set up. The Arabian was waiting to take part in a breed parade. I'm working from less-than-ideal photos for these, as it was indoor lighting, but it's always a bit of a fun challenge to make things look better than the reference photo!

No comments: