Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Missing the Blog!


I know I've said it before and failed to follow through, but I'm going to attempt to revive this blog! I still refer to it so often, so I'm going to try to recreate that sense of purpose it had a few years back — for myself if no one else!

There's so much on the go right now — so many balls in the air. I'm working on a number of commissions while a stack of speculative WIPs waits in the wings for those to be under control. I'm starting to work on a very rough draft/outline for novel number *four,* while also scribbling notes for a new series. I'm getting a reprieve from the contract position I took to help pay the bills, but next week I'll be back to that. And, I've started, finally, working with the horses again. I've ridden Gracie a couple of time, and have started groundwork with her three (half) brothers. I forget how much I love it until I'm back at it! So far everyone is being very good!

I made the decision today to get a small stack of errands done, which took me from half an hour west and home again, then half an hour east and home again! That was the first time I'd been to Kingston since I moved last fall, and while it was just an in and out trip to drop off some water samples, I'm kind of excited to know it's that close. Now if this whole pandemic would just move along, I could get to know it a bit!

It's warm and overcast and windy today, so the horses are still happy outside. I finally got them out on grass a little over a week ago, so they were out for a limited time only, but they've grazed it enough by now for me to feel it's safe for them to be out all day when the weather cooperates! So I have half an hour to get something done before I go bed their stalls and bring them in. Okay, now that I've written this, twenty minutes! 😉 Off I go!

Today:

Painting: none

Reading: starting Tudor Robins' new book (and series!), Moving North!

Listening: Panic! At The Disco's Vices and Virtues; audiobook, Eleanor & Park.


No comments: