Monday, June 03, 2019

Let June Begin!

"Eye Spy," 12 x 24 oil on linen. 

Okay so it's the third, but most people have weekends, so that's fair, right? I don't count, but that's okay!

Saturday being the first of June was a bit significant for me, from a work perspective. A client came to pick up a recently-finished commission. That might not seem like a big deal, but it is always an important day for me.

I'm not sure why, after over 30 years of doing commissions, I still get stressed at that moment, but I do! It's always a relief to know the portrait is a) safely in their hands, and b) a success! They had approved it electronically, and that gives me a high level of confidence because art always looks better in person, but it's extra-nice to get that reaction from them. This was a fairly involved portrait, which took about six months, so having it completed and delivered is a happy thing.

Here's the catch – I can't share it yet! It won't be presented to the intended recipient until the end of the month, so I can't risk showing it! Sorry!

I have two more commissions-in-progress right now, but getting that big one done frees me up to start a new one, which will happen this week. That one I can show progress on, so it will be fun to be able to share the steps as I go...even if it's a far simpler portrait.

I've also finished a few speculative pieces in the past few weeks, and recently had them professionally photographed for portfolio purposes. This week I'll send an email out to my mailing list, because I always give them the first opportunity to purchase new work (and always at special prices). If you're not on my list, look for the signup in the left-hand column of the blog! I'd love to have you there!


No comments: