Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Overdue


I'm not talking about Twine, though by the due date I assign, I guess you could say she is. Due dates for mares aren't set in stone, though Twine does tend to foal fairly close to hers (except for last year!). She us looking as if she'll follow her usual pattern this year, and I am up tonight keeping an eye on her, via camera.

I do have a few paintings I've been meaning to post in their finally-completed form. First is a fairly loose and moderately fast study of the new foal, an 11 x 14 oil on masonite, above. The colt has grown considerably since this, of course, and his personality has grown exponentially!


I've shown this next painting in progress a few times. This is one that I titled before I began - "Guardian Angels." The outriders at Woodbine have to be among the best in North America, so quick to catch a loose or running off horse and I know they are very appreciated for the job they do. This is 6 x 8 oil on Raphael linen panel.

Last I have another quick 5 x 7 study of a racehorse I took a few photos of one morning last summer at Woodbine – oil on linen. All three paintings are available; if you're interested please send me an email!


I've been working on a a few foal sketches, and have another couple of paintings on the go, but work has been rather sporadic with watching Twine and getting mares bred for next year's crop of foals. Things will settle down....sometime in July!

No comments: