Wednesday, April 04, 2012

American Academy of Equine Art Invitational at Spindletop - Lexington, KY


How many weeks ago now was it I said I had news? Here I am, finally catching up. It was a nice surprise to learn my painting "Strategizing" was accepted for inclusion in the AAEA's annual invitational art show. I was a bit stunned to be invited to submit for the show, as time and again I have been rejected from their juried exhibitions! I've done enough juried shows to know how it works, and to not take it personally, but I admit it was starting to get to me!

The show this year is to be held at Spindletop Hall in Lexington, Kentucky, running from April 2 (hmmm....guess that was Monday!) until May 26, 2012. The opening reception is Sunday April 15, 2012, from 1-4pm. If you are in the area, be sure to check it out! I only wish I could get away to see it myself, but, well, by the size of our girl Twine, I don't think it would be a good idea, do you? Maybe that will be my next bit of news!


As soon as the show is online, I will post the link, so that if you are not able to view the actual exhibition, you can enjoy it virtually. I know I'm looking forward to seeing it!

No comments: