Thursday, March 24, 2011

And Number Three!


Clever delivered her fourth foal, a chestnut colt by the late Pleasant Tap, last night at 11:30pm. What a considerate group of mares I had this year, all foaling somewhat early in the night. We'll forgive Hummer the rather troubled aftermath of her firstborn, because he's so incredibly cute!

Once again Clever has produced a big, solid baby. She had to work hard to push him out, but seems to be okay. Momma and baby are both resting peacefully, and approaching 4AM now, I think I might try to grab a bit of sleep myself. Kind of nice be done foaling by the 24th of March!

6 comments:

Miccosukee said...

Linda,
I'm happy that foaling went well. Watching a baby you planned for grow up is a marvelous experience. Your group seem to be rather gorgeous, or are all foals just cute?

Will you be able to catch a few extra winks of sleep now?

Congratulations on a successful crop!

Trisha

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Trisha! I think these three this year are particularly nice, but I might be a bit biased! ;-) And yes I hope to catch up on some sleep, and get back to a somewhat normal schedule, as much as anything can be normal with three big feisty colts to raise!

Studio at the Farm said...

Congradulations, "Mom"!!! That is a beautiful group of foals you have!

Diana Marshall said...

Beautiful foals and how wonderful to have all these handy 'models' to paint! Lucky you.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Bit late with congrats on getting them all up and running. Corny I know but this with looks like he'll make a fine Tap Dancer lol

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Elizabeth! He's a handsome dude, and he does move like a dancer! Owner is in hospital right now but I know he has a name picked out - I just haven't heard yet what it is!