Sunday, February 13, 2011

Getting One to the Wire, and Starting a New One!


This weekend I finished what may be my most ambitious painting to date - remember this one? I don't even remember when I started this painting, and I'll admit it had me intimidated more than once! It is, however, complete. Well, I haven't signed it yet - I'll put it away for a week or so and take a final look before I do that part, then sometime after the mares are done with foaling, it will be among those I take to be photographed. This one is 24 x 30 oil on canvas.

As a reward, I let myself start a new one today! I think my working title for this will be, "Not Here, Mom!" Billy used to make the funniest faces as a baby - I have a lot of really silly photos of him. Come to think of it, he still makes some pretty funny faces! Oh well, do boys ever really grow up? ;-) This one is 14 x 18 oil on linen. It's always fun to start a new painting, and you know how much I love doing mares and foals.

3 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Looks great now it's finished, loved it from the get go. Looks like this new start is going to be a good un as well :)

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Elizabeth - glad to get that one finally finished, and looking forward to silly Billy!

Carrie L. Lewis said...

You've hit two hot buttons for me, Linda. Horse racing and mares and foals. I've been thinking about doing some of each, but there's always a portrait that needs work more! Priorities and all of that.

Good work on the completion and starting a new painting. You sure can't beat that!

Carrie