Saturday, June 13, 2009

Queen's Plate Countdown!


Well, as we're coming up to Plate week, I figured it's time to start painting some of this year's Plate hopefuls. Naturally I don't have photos of all of the horses that will be entered next Thursday, and I'm not going to paint them in any particular order. If you're looking for tips, I'm the last person to ask! The list may change yet. To keep up with the latest, you can visit the Queen's Plate site, or the Thorough-blog.

This is Costalivin, a bay son of Tomahawk. The painting is 5 x 7 oil on panel.

6 comments:

Karen McLain said...

Absolutley wonderful!

LDWatkins said...

Oh, I love that one!!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Lovely headstudy :)

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks everyone. These ones seem to easy after what I've been trying to do lately!

Valarie Wolf said...

Linda,

this is a beautiful portrait!! I love the textured panel, too. Really, really gorgeous!

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Valarie!