Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thirty Days!


Is it the end of April already? One thing about being busy, time really flies by. What a difference this Thirty Days compared with the first one in November - I felt like things just improved in leaps and bounds. I guess painting 25 new paintings will do that. I'm kind of sad that I can't just carry on - but it does really mean a schedule adjustment for me, and I need to do some catching up on the big paintings. Won't be long until I do it again though - June is the next month that fits the criteria!

This is 5 x 7 oil on masonite panel, limited palette, prepared with the marble dust and gesso. Another sleepy baby, napping in the sun to wrap up a month of growing, and growing up!

Tomorrow I've got a bit of a surprise - or maybe not a surprise, if you follow me on Twitter. There's going to be a bonus horse painting to celebrate Kentucky Derby week. Trust me, you won't want to miss it! It's going to be fun. So I'll see you tomorrow, right?

3 comments:

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Adorable....and so sleepy you've captured the look just right :). Well done on completing the challenge it's been a joy looking in everyday. Looking forward to the surprise tomorrow :)

LDWatkins said...

aw...the baby is so sweet. Your work is beautiful. I do enjoy watching you work!

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Lynda and Elizabeth! I had a lot of fun...so much so I had to do a bonus! Haha...but I think I'm ready for a rest!