Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Growing, or Growing Up?


So many horses, so little time...that's kind of how I'm feeling, as I head into my next 30Horses, 30Days. This time around there will be a bit of a twist, because of that time factor - each Monday I'm going to have a guest artist/blogger, and I'm also reserving the right to be a little creative with fufiling my horse-a-day obligation for one other day. As much as I'd like to complete 3o new paintings this coming month, I have to be realistic. It's breeding season, and I'm still waiting on Clever, so my schedule is ruled by the broodmares right now. Add to that one little thing I forgot when I made the decision to do this again - that being it's tax season - and I'm going to have to keep hopping to get everything done that needs doing. And I thought it was going to be simpler this time around, as I'm not attempting to write 50,000 words of fiction! Right...

While I've not officially signed up for NaBloPoMo this time around, I will be making daily blog posts, and the NaBlo theme for April fits quite nicely with my project. It's "Growing(Up)." Fundamentally, this temporarily dive into daily painting is for me about trying to grow as an artist...and growing up, well, with all the horses I have around at various life stages, I can find lots of inspiration to fit.

Tonight I guess I was psyching myself up. I'd considered trying out a new palette this time around, so I did a a bit of homework tonight. The credit for this palette is given to Anders Zorn - after looking at his paintings I wanted to try it for myself. Well, after tonight, I'm not so sure it's a good idea! I'll need some work if I'm going to find those colours! I did a quick colour chart, and a very quick little 4 x 4 painting...maybe it was a bit too much to ask, deviating from both my palette and preferred subject matter. Oh well! It's all part of the experience, I guess.


(No, you're not seeing things....that is supposed to be a human being! But I promise I'm back to horses tomorrow!)

2 comments:

April Jarocka said...

Good luck with life: sounds like you need a 'pause button'. Don't work too hard!
regards

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks April - I saw your post on the pause button. Couldn't relate to it at all!!! Haha