Thursday, January 15, 2009

Like You Want to See More of It


Snow, that is. I don't think it snowed today, actually. I've lost track to tell you the truth. The scary part is, it's only the middle of January. I think last year we got most of our snow in February and March. Auuugggghhhh! Not that I'm making predictions or anything!

So what do I do tonight? I work on a snow painting! In my reference photo, the two girls weren't getting snowed on, but the way things developed as I went, it seemed a good fit! It's not as if we haven't had many scenes like this, this winter. Once it starts to get close to feed time, everybody inevitably hangs out at the gates. And typically they stand facing the house; like, okay, I can take the hint! My working title for this was "The Usual Suspects" but I won't call it that - I think that title's been used enough. I'll have to come up with something. This is 8 x 8 oil on gallery wrap canvas. It was a little hard to photograph, so it may be coming through a little dark.

The cold we've had the last few days has really taken its toll on my motivation - it saps my energy and after doing the barn it's hard to convince myself to pick up those paint brushes. Now it's just about time for the last trip out to the barn for today. At least at night I don't have nine sets of eyes like this , staring at me expectantly!

3 comments:

JPJ said...

Hi Linda.... I am loving your snow paintings because I may not see any down here in Nashville...also because I love your style and always enjoy seeing your latest work! Anyway.....how about "Undercover" or "Going Undercover" for a title ?

PitBullLadyDesigns said...

Such a lovely take on a cold and stormy day. . .

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks to both of you! It's kind of looking like that out there again today!