Thursday, November 20, 2008

Two-Thirds of the Way: Day 20!


I write in my head a lot - I'll think about what I might want to say in my blog post, then of course by the time I get to this point, where I'm actually posting, I'm completely at a loss for anything interesting to say! Of course when I went to bed at 1:30am last night, I was pretty sure I'd be dragging by now, so perhaps it's understandable I'm not all that coherent! After making the 30K target for Nano before midnight, I ended up writing another few pages freehand before I went to bed...which was when I glanced at the clock to see the time.

I started today's painting a little earlier than last night's - by an hour or so! This is 6 x 8 oil on Raymar cotton canvas on panel (triple primed again). An guess what? The same limited palette. I've been painting mostly Thoroughbreds in this project, just because I have so many models around here, so if my draught horse looks a bit like a TB, you'll have to forgive me! This Belgian I photographed at the Kentucky Horse Park last summer. I have to admit I like the looseness of these ultra-quickies. I'm usually such a blending freak that I often don't end up with visible brushstrokes, and it's really nice to get away from that.

The next NaNo target is 40K by the end of Monday. As I guess last night's after-midnight stint gave me a bit of a leg up, I think I can afford to get to bed early tonight! Or, well...earliER!

No comments: