Thursday, November 06, 2008

Rush, Rush, Rush


Time was pretty tight again today. I had to get a load of hay, then go back for a load of straw. Then there was the Shop Vac distraction...anyway, I finally started painting around 2pm, and only had till 4pm (feed time) to get something done. As usual, I can see a few issues with this, but I'm not going to tell you what they are if you haven't figured it out!

This is Mute, a four-year old Thoroughbred gelding. He and Gladys were actually both purchased at the 2005 CTHS yearling sale. While Gladys didn't make it to the races, Mute was stakes-placed as a two-year old and made over $100,000. Today's painting is 10 x 8 oil on panel. The limited palette experience is pretty interesting, I'm finding. When I started out I was pretty sure I was going to end up with a bright orange horse; then I seemed to actually remember what I was doing and it turned out okay in the end. Maybe by November 30 I'll have it figured out, but I'm not making any promises!

I'm having a really hard time getting decent photos of these little paintings. Because they're typically wet, and because the thickness of the paint varies over the surface, some funky things happen! Even taking them outdoors doesn't help. Just another chance to remind everyone, there's no comparison to seeing original artwork in person. And now a word from our sponsor.... :-D

3 comments:

Free Rein Art Studio said...

I am really enjoying your daily paintings Linda!

Unknown said...

Linda, thumbs up...your sticking at it and these wee paintings are really working. Your colours(funky wet) are looking great...really wish I could see them in person!

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Sue! You were part of my inspiration for doing this!

Thanks Sheona - is it November 30 yet? Haha...twenty-four more to go! What am I going to do with all these ponies? :-D