Thursday, May 01, 2008

Resurfacing


I haven't managed to do much painting these last few weeks. It's a combination of being busy with the horses and other art stuff, not to mention the income tax deadline and quarterly GST filing! Things have dried up more or less, so it's time to think about fixing some fencing and putting up some new paddocks.

When I'm not painting I'm always doing other art-related things. This is the time of year there are a number of juried shows coming up, and I'm deciding which ones I might enter, as well as what will go where. I was recently accepted into a show in Ohio at Dancing Horse Farm, and shipped the work a couple of weeks ago. Be sure to take a look at an online display of the exhibit. The three paintings that were accepted have been posted here on the blog in the past, but in light of the show, I'll post one of them again. The snow may be gone, but there are babies everywhere this time of year. This one I called "Snowbaby," a small oil pastel on panel.

There's a new project coming up that I'll be letting you in on shortly. In the meantime, I have some work in progress that is no doubt dry, so it's time to get back to it!

No comments: