Friday, May 23, 2008

Mike Fox, Step One!


Wow, I actually managed to get what I wanted done on this painting, ahead of schedule! I completed the first layer of the underpainting on Mike Fox. This layer is very thin, the tone of the panel still showing through, so I will more completely cover the surface one this stage is dry. Sometimes I will go back after a second drying period to establish the details more firmly before I move on to colour. Remember how long it took me to finish the underpainting of my "First Time Past" painting? Um...do you even remember the painting? (Yeah, yeah, I need to get back to that one!).

In case I haven't mentioned, this one of Mike Fox is a 16 x 20 oil on masonite panel. The panel was toned with Raw Sienna, and so far all I'm working with is Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Umber and Titanium White.

Getting to this point on this painting meant I was free to start my Mural Mosaic panel tonight! I've just started blocking in the underpainting, but you'll have to wait to see it. Maybe tomorrow!

No comments: