Wednesday, May 21, 2008

But It's Not My Birthday!


A couple of weeks ago, I got a package in the mail. I was expecting something of this shape - flat, about 15 x 15 inches - but just to be safe, I had my bomb-sniffing dog check it out. Finn quickly became disinterested, so I took it inside and opened it up.


What did I find? A very purple panel!



Okay, enough joking around! Earlier this year, thanks to fellow EAGer Michelle Grant, I became aware of a project organized by the Mural Mosaic. Be sure to take the time to look at their site to see the scope of what they've developed. This particular project is called Le Cadeau du Cheval, or "The Horse Gift." Panels have been distributed to equine artists all over the world, and many Equine Art Guild members are taking part. We're having a lot of fun on our forum, seeing what everyone is coming up with. After seeing some of the "shape" panels some of my fellow artists are dealing with, I'm getting over some of my "panel envy" at having been given a plain jane surface to work with!

The "mother image" has not been revealed, so the artists will be watching it pieced together with the rest of you! Well, except maybe for those over-achievers with too much time on their hands on the project, who have puzzled the panels together like a kid at Christmas who just can't wait till the big day! Personally, I don't want to spoil the fun!

I've decided what I'm going to do, but I'm not going to tell you just yet. I've done a quick drawing on the panel, and I'm just waiting until I get the first layer of underpainting on the Mike Fox painting before I let myself get to work on this!

Stay tuned!

No comments: