Sunday, March 30, 2008

Meanwhile, Back on the Curragh...


This painting has progressed considerably since I showed the initial work - it wasn't even a complete sketch at that point. This one, again, is a 5 x 7 oil on double-primed Raymar linen panel. I'm enjoying the surface, and now that I've started Curlin on the single-primed panel, I'll be able to compare and see if I prefer one over the other.

The sky was painted a couple of days ago, and the landscape this afternoon. Tonight I've been working on the horse. All will still need work, and there are details I still need to paint in.

It was nine years ago this week I was in Ireland taking these photos! Here's another, older painting I did from a couple other photos I took that particular morning. Kind of a funny story goes along with it. My friend and I decided we'd walk to the Irish National Stud from the B&B where we were staying, having no idea how far that was. The Curragh was pretty early on in the walk. We were both tired and crabby by the end of the day. Believe it or not, we're still friends!

No comments: