Saturday, January 19, 2008

Is That...Sunshine?


Okay, so sometimes winter here in Canada can be a little grey. We've had more than our fair share of late in Southern Ontario, so it's nice to see the sun. Today, then, I'm going to post some pics of the kids instead of artwork!


Anyone who knows what Jay has been through will appreciate these first two photos. Jay underwent colic surgery on December 14th at Milton Equine Hospital. He's had a few bumps along the road but got a good report on his one-month recheck, and the okay for some turnout. He's quite happy about that, and as you can see, the girls are dutifully keeping him company! Gladys spends the most time with him.


The mares are inside the 30-day mark to their due date, both looking appropriately large! I'm praying for a relatively uneventful foaling season, after the stress of Jay!


The 2007 models are doing there thing, playing and eating and occasionally being bratty (what, yearling fillies? Never!). Good thing the "barn manager", Miss Bettycat, keeps them all in line!


The painting continues, of course, and it won't be long until I have more updates in that department. I've got some new racing and backstretch oils in the works, and I plan to do a couple more "quickies". I've also finally added a subscription feature to my blog so if you're interested in hearing about updates as they occur, just enter your email address and it will be delivered right to your inbox. If you'd rather subscribe to the feed, let me know. While I've burned the feed, I haven't sorted out the finer points of making it available! Just call me technically challenged!

No comments: