Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's True What They Say...



About time flying, that is. Here it is the middle of May, and once again time has gotten away from me! Between taking care of a barn overflowing with horses, and getting ready for shows, and squeezing in some painting, there seems to be a lot keeping me busy. That's good, of course, but means some things fall sadly through the cracks!

The latest painting I finished was of last year's Queen's Plate winner, Edenwold. If you look back in the archives of this blog, you will see some of the photos I took that day. Before we know it, this year's Plate will be upon us! That was part of my motivation for getting this painting done -- it will hopefully be featured in this year's Plate magazine. More on that later, as things come together.

In the barn, well, the kids are a little crabby. With three on stall rest, and the arrival of this year's crop of mosquitoes, there seems to be a lot of nattering going on! All things considered, everyone is dealing very well. Baby Peaker is growing up, and I've already started thinking about when she will be weaned. She has some time left, though! I can't believe how big she is.

Well, that's it for now. The Edenwold painting is 16 x 20 oil. Wonder who this year's victor will be?

No comments: