Tuesday, August 01, 2017

A Gracie Retrospective!


"Have We Met?" 24 x 36 oil on linen (SOLD).
Yesterday on my Facebook page, I started a new feature called, "Meet the Model." Gracie, naturally, insisted on being first, and Monster graciously agreed to let that happen. ;-) I thought today I would write a blog post featuring as many of my Gracie paintings as I could fit in...which should be no small feat, as she's been in quite a few!
"Gracie Knows" 10 x 8 oil on linen.
For those of you who don't know Gracie, she's my nine-year old TB mare – and yes, she's chestnut. That said, I wouldn't call her a stereotypical chestnut mare, though she does have the card, and will play it on occasion!
Shhhhh, she's sleeping! 5 x 7 oil on shellacked masonite.
Like I said in my little introduction, while I adopted her when she was three, I'm pretty sure she adopted me the day she was born. There are lots and lots of Gracie blog posts on here, from her birth to the serious illness she overcame not long after she became mine, though perhaps not so many in recent years. Maybe we need to do something about that!
"Boy Meets Girl," 12 x 24 oil on canvas (SOLD).

But this post is about Gracie the Muse. Which painting is your favourite? Comment either here, or on my Facebook page, and I'll draw a name from everyone who plays – that person will win a collector reproduction of their fav! You don't *have* to like my page to play...but if feels better if you do!  :-)
"Doing Time" 7 x 7 oil on canvas.
"Gracie, Still Wet" 8 x 10 oil on panel.

"Fire Filly" 8 x 10 oil on canvas.
"Gracie's Nose" 10 x 8 oil on panel.
"Sandstorm" 11 x 14 oil on paper.

Work in progress...zoom, zoom!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all lovely, but "Doing Time" showcases Gracie's delicate beauty as she attempts to figure out thst darned door!~Linda Davenport

Boss Mare Eventing said...

Boy meets girl :) But they are all stunning!!

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Linda! Her brother was (well...is!) actually an accomplished escape artist. Not that Gracie hasn't figured it out on occasion!

And why am I not surprised, Tori? Hehe. :-)

denise Kunz said...

Doing time is my favourite. You've captured her personality perfectly.
I too have a red mare ☺️

Linda Shantz said...

They're the best, Denise! :-D