Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Special Ponies-Go-Back-To-Work Portrait Offer!

"Fire Filly,"  8 x 10 oil sketch on canvas...of Gracie!

It's that time of year for me - the time when the layups go back to work at the training centre or racetrack, and my income goes with them!  ;-)  I've been fortunate to be able to keep Gracie and Leo both in work for the last three months, but had to give notice for one of them on February 1st - I just can't afford to continue to pay board on both.  The likely candidate to come home is Gracie, as Leo has considerable momentum in his favour.  I hate to do it, but that's the way it is.

I know it probably seems rather indulgent to be boarding and riding two horses, but I've discovered, having that diversion has gone a long way to keeping me sane this winter.  Now, I know no one out there probably cares one way or another about whether I'm sane or not, but it occurred to me, some people might be interested if I dangled a portrait offer.  Some people who haven't been able to afford my regularly-priced portraits might be able to take advantage, and likewise, I might be able to afford to keep Gracie in work, and build on the progress we've made this winter...when I'd been having my doubts about both of our futures!

Lexi - 10 x 8 oil sketch on linen.
Here's the deal.  I'll accept two to three 8 x 10 oil commissions, to be done in what I call my "sketch" style, which just means I'm not going through the many-layered process involved in my "traditional" style portraits. Sketch portraits have the same longevity, and are produced with the same high quality materials, so there's no compromise in that area. 

The subject must be a horse, and you must provide photos, which I must approve.  If you haven't taken the photos yourself, I need to see written permission from the photographer, that allows me to use the photo to create your portrait.

The sketch will be a head study - so head and neck.

Price is $300 (regular price is $500), which will include shipping (worldwide), and payment must be made in full upon approval of your photos.

Deadline to take advantage of the offer is February 14, 2015, which is, conincidentally, Gracie's birthday.  If I don't have anyone booked at that point, I'll accept that bringing her home is what's meant to be.

Interested?  Questions?  Email me at lindashantz **at** gmail.com and I'll help you out.

PS - If you don't have a horse, or you want some other size, or more than a head study...send me an email, and we can talk about it. ;-)

"Peaker" - 8 x 8 oil sketch on board.




1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful work. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)