Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dreaming of Spring


We finally got a real snowfall on the weekend, followed by the coldest day and night of the year, so it's been kind of nice to think about nice green pastures as I finished up this painting. It's great to get this one done, as it's been in the works for longer than I care to admit! When I first started this, I had my doubts that it would ever amount to much (which is why it's taken me so long to complete it) so I'm reasonably pleased how it turned out! For a change, this is a warmblood mare and foal, and the painting is 22 x 28, oil on gallery wrap canvas.

I am doing my best to finish up a couple of these long lost WIPs - next one is on the easel, and I worked on it last night. After that, I will reward myself by starting a couple of new ones! In the meantime, I need to come up with a name for this one. As always, input is welcome!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your work! "To the Showring"

ivana said...

it's so serene Linda, the composition worked out beatifully

Carrie L. Lewis said...

Linda,

This is gorgeous!

Carrie

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks everyone!It was a relief it came together!

Karen Thumm said...

Very nice one! I'm partial to the chestnuts, too.

You inspire me to get back to work.

Linda Shantz said...

Gee, I wonder why, Karen! Thank you - looking forward to seeing what you produce this year!

Jo Castillo said...

I popped over from Sheona's blog. Wow, your horses are beautiful. The paintings show such feeling and warmth and love.... I will be back, thanks for sharing your wonderful work. I love horses.

Linda Shantz said...

Thank you Jo! I appreciate you taking the time to have a look!