Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Just A Little Break


I'm feeling like I have several of my paintings in the 'uglies' all at once right now. I know it will pass, but I just wanted to do something small and quick today. I was up at the other barn to pay Monster a brief visit yesterday, and it was such a nice sunny day I took my camera along. While this other farm is less than ten minutes away, the landscape is different enough that it is probably a few degrees colder than my place, because it's not sheltered from the wind at all. I had trouble holding the camera steady! I didn't take a lot of photos because I got cold so fast, but I got a few shots that will inspire more of these little paintings.

This one is just 4 x 6 oil on Raymar panel -a tiny painting of a huge horse! Bellator is a young Warmblood gelding. I've photographed him a few times - once 'officially' for his owner - and I expect I will be doing another painting of him!

It's always good to take these litte breaks from the more serious paintings. I need to do more - I miss them! We'll see how April shapes up - perhaps another "Thirty Days" is in order!

No comments: