Monday, November 16, 2009
Update for the Royal, 2009!
I know it's been a long time between posts. I supposed my last one explains part of it. Add to that the cold that finally got me, a week and a half ago! I'm hoping it's on its way out now!
Friday was the reception for the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair's Fine Art Showcase, where I learned my drawing, "Adjustments" received second place. With that comes an invitation to submit a design for the 2011 Royal poster. Growing up I used to always see the Royal posters and think about what I would do for it...so I guess now I need to sit down and think about it again!
Sunday I was back down to do an oil painting demo for the showcase. I'd roughly started the piece at home - a 14 x 18 oil on Raphael Linen Panel - and had the shapes of the horses roughtly blocked in. I accomplished what I wanted at the demo - well, besides the obvious of showing folks a little bit of how an oil painting can be worked up! I got some basic colour laid in, very muted, and now I'll enjoy developing the piece from here to make it a finished painting.
Lots of catching up to do now, from my NaNo word count, to the works in progress, to some details related to the barn and horses. I'll try not to leave it quite as long this time!