Friday, October 09, 2009

Studio Tour, Done for Another Year


The weather was a bit up and down last weekend, but I don't think that put a damper on the Milton Studio Tour. Thanks to everyone who came out. It's always fun to meet some new people and see familiar faces from past shows!

For the tour I had a sale of sorts on many of my small originals, most of which you may have seen during the Thirty Horses, Thirty Days projects. Which reminds me, I need to update that blog with June's contribution, even though it was cut sick by some horse trouble. Some of those small originals still available are listed on my online Etsy store. I've also listed some of the more recent open edition reproductions.

The rainy, cool weather has continued this week, making for muddy paddocks and horses. The kids are in today, just to give paddocks and hooves a rest! It's supposed to clear up over the weekend...and it's a holiday weekend here in Canada, as we celebrate our Thanksgiving. Not that I get a holiday; in fact, my usual weekend help is off this weekend, so I'm working more instead of less! Anyone want to come muck some stalls? There may be pie in it for you!


I've been back at the easel this week, working on the piece I started during the yearling sales last month - an 8 x 10 oil on Signature linen panel. Still just loosely blocking in colour. I've also been working on finishing a pencil commission, which I'll post once I've got the final okay that it is indeed done! And this weekend I'll be working on my next email newletter, so if you're interested in receiving that, be sure to sign up - there's a link in the right-hand column of this blog, or to make it extra easy, click here and you'll be taken to the sign-up page. At least you should be!

Well, back to work, so that I can have more progress to post on that painting. I'm ready to start some new ones as well, and also have some more commissions to get going on. See you again soon!

No comments: