Thursday, April 23, 2009

These Eyes...


It's been a while since I had a "theme song" for my painting, and this one didn't pop into my head until I picked up the camera to snap the final photo. Obviously I'm dating myself with that choice!

"These eyes," this time, are Jubie's. She's the one I painted on Easter Sunday, but you couldn't see her pretty face. I guess you still don't get to see all of it! Right now that pretty face is liberally decorated with mud. It's funny that the two prettiest horses I've had here on the farm have also been the two biggest mud-lovers! I wonder if they're trying to disguise themselves..."Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!" :-D

This is 6 x 8 oil on Raymar cotton canvas panel with a limited palette. And that's Gracie with Jubie, putting the lessons she learned from her mom last summer to use, making friends. I've included a detail crop of her eyes below.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

LDWatkins said...

'Those eyes' look into your soul, don't they? Such a beautiful painting..captures so much feeling.

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks so much - sometimes I do think they have it all figured out

Karen McLain said...

I agree with you Linda, I think they have it figured out too. (sometimes much more than I do!) They are wonderful eyes you captured.

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Karen. That's actually my joke about the chestnut filly I've painted a few times - her name is Gracie, and well, Gracie just *knows!*