Thursday, April 09, 2009

The New Kid in Town


Well, I decided not to waste any time painting the new guy. Something about sleeping babies, they're always so sweet. This is another little 5 x 7 oil on masonite panel done with the limited palette. I do envy the way foals power nap. That skill would come in handy, I think!

The little guy got to go outside for the first time today. Clever sticks pretty close to her kids, especially early on like this, so it was hard to get very good photos of him. I'll attach one so you can see just how long those legs are! I'm sure I'll get better pics in future.

I'm going to list this little painting in the Etsy store, so hop on over there if you're interested. Tomorrow I have another guest blogger for you, as taking Gladys on her road trip will dominate my day. Make sure you stop by to check that out!

Thanks again for following along!

2 comments:

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald said...

So sweet Linda! You really captured a moment :)

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Debbie! Foals are so much fun to paint.