Tuesday, December 02, 2008
It was kind of interesting tonight: after feeding the horses I didn't seem to be able to get anything done, so I felt compelled to paint! I'd thought I would give myself a couple of days off and get some other things done, but I ended up behind the easel. I had a few works in progress on the go before beginning the November project, so I worked on one of them.
The underpainting was done using Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium white, and I continued with those colours for the background, and then used a bit of Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Lemon and Cadmium Red Medium. Maybe I felt imspired to work on this one because the two weanlings do this at least once a day, racing each other around the paddock, though I only wish we had nice fluffy stuff like I'm trying to create in the painting!
I'm not finished this yet, but it's an 8 x 10 oil on Raphael linen panel, and this is Billy showing his stuff. I guess I won't complain about going with the momentum. It would be kind of silly not to! Off to clean those brushes!