Monday, November 10, 2008

How Can You Not Smile?


I've been looking forward to today's painting since I decided to do this project. I knew which photo I wanted to do of Gracie. I even posted the photo here. So here we have Twine's daughter Grace, a Thoroughbred weanling from the last, very small crop of Cats At Home.

I was laughing for much of the time I was working on this painting. The bottom line is, I adore little Gracie. She has oozed personality from day one, and I have to admit, she's been indulged! The other foal born this year, Billy, was very shy and took a while to come out of his shell, but Gracie came out ready to take on the world. Seriously, who could resist that face?

This is another 10 x 8 oil on panel - gessoed masonite again, limited palette. It also marks the one-third mark of my little challenge. Twenty days to go!

3 comments:

Kpeters said...

Linda.........these daily paintings are really taking your work up a notch!!
I love this one.........brilliant!
kp

Unknown said...

Kathi took the words out of my mouth...! Are these wee gems going on the market?

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks Kathi, Sheona. I'm going to wait until I've done all 30 days and then figure out what I'm doing with them. Just working on some ideas right now!