Sunday, November 11, 2007

Getting Caught Up


I've certainly fallen behind here! My painting was interrupted a bit by a couple of things – a trip to the Breeders' Cup, and more recently, shopping for a new truck. Now that the truck shopping is out of the way, I hope to get things back on track! Other than commissions and a bit of 'play' that I'll share in another post, there hasn't been a lot of artwork going on. The bits of time I've had have been spent printing reproductions and reference photos for future work!


I see I've done quite a bit more on my "Pause" painting since I last posted, so time to bring that up to date. Once the underpainting was finished (at the top, above), it was finally time to jump into the colour, starting with the greens and browns (above) in the background, and then moving forward into the horse(below).


I decided to stick with the red of the rider's shirt as it was in the ref photo. I don't think my camera liked that too much, as it didn't photograph that well. This one has been sitting on the easel, staring at me so it's really time to get back and finish it!


Today, however, I'm working at finishing a very fun commission in oil pastel. It's for a December birthday though, so I won't be sharing it right now!

No comments: