Thursday, December 07, 2006

Excuses, Excuses!

Okay, so this is supposed to be an artist's blog. And while I have been working on art quite steadily of late, as previously mentioned, "tis the season" so there's a lot of "secret" stuff going on that I can't post. On top of that, I'm up to my eyeballs, and then some, in horses! We shipped the two yearlings over to stay with Monster so that I can start riding them again, and Lorna's two-year-old gelding is also there, so I check up on him as well. At home here, Muffin left for a training centre, to get back to work, and the three empty stalls were quickly filled. Bella, our gate-climber (no more!!) is back, as is Pip, aka Mute. It's great to see their faces everyday again! Add to them Timber Doe, here for the first time this winter. There's one more to come - Jay will be back for a winter's rest after he runs on Saturday. So yes, things are busy here on the farm, with lots of back and forth going on.

The artwork going on is still limited to portraits. Four Christmas portraits to go! The last pre-Christmas portrait I did was finished a couple of weeks ago. This is Harley. Harley was the farm dog up at Persley Den, and this is a small 8 x 10 memorial portrait of him.
The next two portraits, both on the drawing table and in progress, are horses. But you're going to have to wait till after the 25th to see those!

One thing I find about being so busy is often, I forget to eat! Real food, at least. For some reason I never forget to eat chocolate!! :-)

No comments: