Saturday, December 10, 2005

Snowbaby, and More Snow

Well, we had what I would call our first real "snowstorm" yesterday. Nothing really major, but enough that the plough just came in to clear the driveway, and there were major accidents on the highway. The "kids" just love it, of course - easier on their feet, so they're all feeling good, the footing more conducive to a good romp.

The new snow seemed to inspire more work on my little Snowbaby, as well. I started to work in more colour in the background, though keeping it muted, and then let myself start in on the real fun, the foal himself.

When I was done for the day, it was actually starting to look like a painting, and I'm anxious to finish it. Robert Genn, an artist who puts out an e-newsletter twice a week on anything related to being an artist, said on Thursday, that you should always leave something unfinished when you stop working at night, so that you have something to draw you back. I've heard that said about writing, so I have no doubt it applies to art as well. You can subscribe to his newsletter by visiting The Painter's Keys.

I've got my last two horses coming in from the track for the winter today, so I'll be occupied with them for the next while...hopefully it won't be too long before I get to finish this little baby.

No comments: