Saturday, January 29, 2022

Well That Didn't Last Long


So, it's January. A new year. I didn't realize I missed you, Blogger Blog, until I did. 

It's been a cold January, but still nothing like the Polar Vortex year. What year was that again, 2013? 2014? I can't remember. I just remember too many days of sub-minus-30 temps, and that wasn't counting the wind chill. There have been a couple of those mornings so far, and one day I did leave the horses in, but since, out they go. They're all bundled up and my barn's water is cosy too, so they don't need to be in to keep it warm. My new barn really isn't that warm. It's too open, which is probably good for ventilation and their health overall.

Well, this was just me checking in with no one at all. Time to write, and paint, and muck stalls and so on. Tally ho!

Painting: 6 x 8 Tribute oil, "Keeper," and 16 x 20 Tribute oil, "Mighty Heart."

Writing: GTC Prequel novella (20,188/30,000 words).

Reading: Hunting by Stars by Cherie Dimaline (paperback) and Wonderland by Stacey D'Erasmo (e-book).

Listening: Crazy Rich Asians (audiobook) and whatever's on Spotify's "Discover Weekly" for music. They seem to know me well! 

No comments: